Our family is adopting again. Adoption is not for the faint of heart. There is a lot that is not in your control. Actually, beyond the decision to submit an application and gather paperwork, its all pretty much out of your control. Honestly, that is part of the fun for me. I love to see God work. I love to watch him move mountains and do things that only He can do.
This week we had our first not-in-control moment. We received our completed home study from our social worker. This was very exiting as it would allow us to move on to the next step, getting INS approval. However, when Sean was reading through the report, he realized that some sentences hadn't printed on the pages. Mind you, these were not just any sentences. They happened to contain the information about what children we are approved to adopt. This information is pretty critical. Panic set it. Our social worker is preparing to take a missions trip to China. She is leaving any day. I sent her an email. Nothing. No response. She is usually so good about replying to email. Big panic! Oops, wait, I should pray about this. I called her and all is well. She'll get it all taken care of before she leaves. Whew! I know better. Pray first.
The next steps in the process go like this, once we receive our complete homestudy we send it off to Texas. They will schedule our fingerprinting appointment for us. Isn't that sweet? Once we get our approval back on our fingerprints we can get the special pieces of paper attached to our documents (state approval), then send our documents with the special paper to the Rwanda consulate. They will also attach their special piece of paper to each document. Then our dossier can be sent to Rwanda where they will review our information and decide if we are fit to raise two of their children. Transparently, I'm a little nervous about this. I'm really hoping they don't say we're too old. But He is a big God. We've said from the beginning that it is His plan. So I go with the flow.
Thanks for joining us on our journey! Hopefully, soon I'll be able to post that we have sent our homestudy to Texas.
No comments:
Post a Comment