Monday, January 9, 2012

Routine...

...Not because we are in one, but because I finally see a glimmer of hope in the distance that someday, eventually, life will become easier to manage.

Adding another person to your family is never an easy task. It changes everything. But that is part of the fun isn't it?

David is adjusting well. It always makes me laugh that people always ask how David is adjusting. Rarely does anyone ask how the rest of us are adjusting. Even though we anticipated big changes, as with anything you can't really understand what will happen in your life until you are living it. And then it is too late to prepare.

We try to rotate our breakdowns so that not everyone is having a meltdown at the same time. If two people begin to fall apart at the same time, we simply reschedule one person's come apart. Thankfully, these emotional release sessions are happening less often.

I am a planner. I like to be organized. I like to have my Christmas shopping done way before Thanksgiving. That is just my personality. And it is great as long as I am organized. When I don't have time to get my act together, I'm a mess. I've been a working mess since we landed. I held on with my fingernails to make it through Christmas and now slowly but surely, I'm starting to get a grip on this family of five thing. I love the noise. I love the laughter. I just wish someone would run the vacuum. And by vacuum, I don't mean the 4 year old sliding across the floor on his back.

Life is good. Please don't misunderstand. I'm just missing a little order in my life. I'm just sure I'll find it. Eventually.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of our recent park trip. Amazing weather we are having! And to think, I was worried how David would handle our winter! Who knew?!?




Isaac is finally enjoying being a big brother! Most of the time. I'll try to post more soon, maybe even some pictures from Christmas! Thanks for following our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment