Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Laughter Has Returned to Our Home


It was touch and go for a while.  The joy was always there, but it was overwhelmed by the stress of adjusting to our new family.  Tonight was a great night.  We laughed and laughed.  We only had one kid event this evening and she was home around 8.  So we had some great time with everyone home.  The younger two went to bed a little later than usual, because we were having fun, and it was wonderful.

Life with four kids is busy, but we’re learning to figure it all out.   We’re managing activities for all of them.  Kate has gymnastics all the time.  She broke a foot since we’ve been back, but it is healing nicely.  Isaac and David have karate.  Isaac is also taking a hip hop class.  Stella has dentist appointments.  Poor kid, she has had a lot of dentist appointments.  But the good news is she is done for a couple of weeks.   There is one nasty spot we’re keeping an eye on, but hopefully it will heal on its own and we can move forward with the next step.  She has two teeth that are so decayed they need to be removed.  Yes, she had so many problems, we’ve been to the dentist at least 4 times and we haven’t even addressed the decaying teeth yet.  Sigh.  She is such a trooper though, I’m so proud of here.  And if anyone locally is looking for a great pediatric dentist, please let me know.  I can’t say enough about our dentist.  They have been great working with this kid who doesn’t understand most of what they are saying and isn’t able to communicate back very well.  It’s a challenge to say the least.  But things have gone remarkably well.

Going places is different with four kids.  Especially when only two look alike and they don’t look like the parents.  I refer to our group as the parade because everywhere we go we seem to draw attention, even when the kids are being good!  I don’t mind for the most part.  I adore my kids, and if getting to enjoy spending time with them means we get some funny looks, I’ll take it. 

Life is good.  I think we’ve made it through the hardest part of the adjustment.  It isn’t perfect and sometimes it still isn’t pretty, but that’s life.  Stella’s language seems to come along more and more every day.  Her articulation continues to improve, slowly.  It has been fun to watch how her presence has impacted and changed each of the kids.  Kate is finally able to be a big sister to her little sister, a dream fulfilled.  Isaac has grown up noticeably.  He is now part of the big kid club.  David has met his match.  No longer is he tormenting Isaac, but instead taking turns tormenting and being tormented by Stella.  Stella, the princess, adores her new siblings.  She is sassy and ornery all while being sweet and thoughtful.  I am so blessed to be mom to these amazing people. 

Thanks to everyone who sent encouraging words after my last post.   I appreciate you all greatly!  Oh, and I'm very sorry for the lack of pictures.  I'll do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment