Oh my goodness, I can't even believe I'm saying that. When we started this process I certainly hoped we would arrive at this point, but sometimes along the journey you begin to wonder if it will ever happen. We're going to Rwanda in the morning. And when we come back we should have two more kids. Two more kids. Rwanda. Its almost too much to take in.
I have to thank my friend, Krista. She saved me today. For some reason, the thought of packing everything up was almost too much to handle. I would go down in the basement, our staging area, and come right back upstairs. I was paralyzed by the enormity of packing six people for three weeks as well as the items we are taking to friends in Rwanda. I didn't know where to start. So Krista and her daughter, Ellie, came over and helped us today. She was able to focus on the task at hand and not get distracted by the trip itself. I also want to thank our friends, Garth and Jan. They were kind enough to loan us some suitcases. Now we have five suitcases and a case of 25 soccer balls downstairs ready to go to Rwanda. We're going to Rwanda. We're bringing home two more kids.
I have this picture of a darling little boy. He has huge eyes and sweet cheeks. I can't wait to meet him. I can't wait to hold those hands I have studied. I can't wait to see him smile and to hear his laugh. When we were adopting Isaac, I most wanted to hear his laugh. I adore Isaac's laugh. I can't imagine our home without Isaac's laugh. I can't wait to hear David's laugh.
Holy cow batman, we're going to Rwanda tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment