Thursday, November 10, 2011

We're almost ready...

I've been reprimanded for not updating the blog more often, so here it goes. We are leaving Saturday. We will travel for 26 hours or so, ending up in Musanze, Rwanda on Sunday evening. Rwanda is 8 hours ahead of the central time zone. We will spend a day in Musanze and then we will return to Kigali to begin the process of adopting our newest children. Our experience will be a bit different from others who have recently adopted from Rwanda as we only have one referral and we are hoping to adopt two children. Please pray we would find favor with the government.

Today we are packing and taking care of last minute details. We are replacing outside lights so that the front lights will go on at night and off during the day and the back lights will be motion activated. There have been some recent robberies in our neighborhood so we are trying to take precautions. If you live near us and would like to check on our home while we are gone, we would love that.

So there's my update. Thrilling isn't it? I promise I'll have more exciting things to write about and pictures to post soon! Thanks for joining us on our adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wonderful Wests, this is a fabulous documentary for us to follow and for you to have for your family history! What I would give to have this kind of written record of my life as a kid! I did have a Leave It to Beaver life and such a record would be pretty tame and uneventful, so thank you for sharing your worldly adventures as you expand your loving, lucky family! Congrats! Love, Aunt Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels Wests! We can't wait to read about your journey and hug the newest members of your family. Prayers are with you!

    Mechelle, Ski and kiddos

    ReplyDelete