We had a wonderful time tonight chatting over the internet with family. It was great to hear voices and see some faces from back home. There are some pretty significant homesick feelings here. It was difficult to miss Thanksgiving with family. But we had a great day regardless. We did have a nice Thanksgiving meal at the Zen Chinese restaurant. How many of you can say you ate your meal outside? We can! Of course, it wasn't your traditional holiday meal, but we did what we could.
When asked what we did today, Kate summed it up nicely with, "sat in the car." More waiting. We're looking forward to the weekend because we can't do anything adoption related so we have to see other parts of Kigali. Speaking of adoption, please pray that David's passport will be ready tomorrow morning so we can get his visa to come home. We really need this to happen tomorrow so we can go on to Nairobi. Also, because we weren't sure of our travel dates, we do not yet have air tickets or lodging in Nairobi. Pray that comes together quickly as I get a little stressed when the details aren't all worked out. Of course, none of the details have been worked out ahead of time on this trip, so why start now?
Sean was able to take care of some of the adoption errands by himself this morning. So the kids and I took a walk around the neighborhood.
Kate, my budding photog, took this picture. I love the cheeks.
She did a nice job capturing her older little brother too!
I didn't get many pictures from our Chinese Thanksgiving meal, but I did snap this poinsettia tree on the way out. I thought it was appropriate to post this since the day after Thanksgiving is generally considered the real start of the Christmas season.
Finally, it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a nap. He got so sweaty, Kate's shirt was wet.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Happy Thanksgiving to you guys too. I'll be praying for that passport and the traveling details. We are watching Pumpkin Chunkin. You are not missing much.... Hugs to you all!
ReplyDeleteYeah, didn't sign my name again. Oh my...
ReplyDelete-Sheree
So fun to see you and talk to you all. Watching all the activity in front of my computer, I can understand why David was overwhelmed. You were definitely missed today!
ReplyDeletePraying for peace and calm in your hearts.
Marge
The pictures today are my favorites! I know I don't get to see you all enough, but in these pics, Kate and Isaac have grown taller and seem obviously more mature! Maybe that just comes from being a big brother, in Isaac's case. The portrait of him is fabulous! Way to go, Kaitlyn! And the picture of Kate and David shows the grown-up side of your daughter. Be careful, Amy and Sean, you are going to blink and she will be heading off to college! What a wonderful family you have! I'm dreaming of the day I'll see you again. I think I'll wear the pink/orange shirt so David will remember me from the online chat! Prayers for your future adventures and your safe travel.
ReplyDeleteLove you ALL! Aunt Sarah and Browns