We have officially been in Kigali for two weeks now. One week from today we will be back home! While we have really enjoyed our time in Kigali and look forward to seeing Nairobi, we are so ready to be back home! So Ready!!! If you want to meet David and his entourage at the airport, we will be arriving Sunday around 4:15 on Delta.
Today didn't go quite as planned. We were able to enjoy another quiet day at the house since we didn't have a driver. We were able to attend the church up the street. It was a nice service and it was in English so we were able to understand. I don't think the kids would have made it through another 4 hour service. We spent the afternoon packing and playing. Across the street from the church there is a large green space so Kate was finally able to get some good tumbling runs in. While she was flipping, the boys played soccer. I think I'm about to become a soccer mom.
Boys playing soccer.
Kate in her favorite upside down position. Church in background.
David was hot, so he pulled up his pants.
Sean and I really are on this trip, but the kids are so much cuter!
Speaking of cute, one more of the newest cute one!
And with that, I'm off to bed. It is 11:30 here and I'm so tired I can't see straight.
Just to give you an idea how much I am enjoying these posts, this is the first site I check when I get on my computer. Hard to believe you're gonna be gone for a whole 'nother week : )
ReplyDeleteStill praying.
Marge
I kept checking for updates all day. I, too, am hooked. Praying for stress-free travels! Megan wants to run another marathon. We need to plan one next year that we all can do. You, Krista, Megan, Jackie, Shellie, and me. I'm sure you are ready to think about packing up again for a get-away weekend.... Okay, so maybe late summer or fall. Anyhow, looking forward to the next blog!
ReplyDeleteLove, Sheree
In line with the others, I look forward to reading your update, but then I feel silly writing until you put in those comments about feeling closer to home because of the interactions! Three weeks is a long time for anyone to be away from home, but I guess you just call it a field trip; everyone loves a field trip! Take Care, and just think, next week is a vacation from your paperwork past! Love keeping up with you! Love the pictures, cute kids AND dorky adults! You are sleeping peacefully now, so I will wish you all a Marvelous Monday! Much love, Aunt Sarah etc.
ReplyDeletei have no idea what sheree is talking about. another marathon?? i just want to get away and paint my fingernails and get a (fake) tattoo again!! your darling david has stolen my heart, and i really can't wait to meet him. most impressive to me, however, is your daughter doing that crazy upside-down handstand. holy guacamole!! many prayers that the next week goes by quickly, and that you're home in (windy and cooold) kansas before you know it :).
ReplyDeletemegan
It is cold & dreary here in Kansas City, so I will miss your details of hot weather and a lush green environment! Saw Jan & family at church yesterday. We were talking about what a gift you have for writing, Amy.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see all of you next Sunday! Keep the posts coming until then.
patti lee
Hi Amy and Sean,
ReplyDeleteYour blogs have been fantastic! I didn't even see the post a comment button. We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet David. You are in serious trouble with how cute he is. Will be hard to ever say "no". We are continuing to pray for you and your trip.
See you soon!
Jeff and Wendi
Missing your nightly blog tonight. It's like a bedtime story. Hoping you can keep his up when you get back. Hope you are safely ensconced in Nairobi. Sending special prayers up for Kaitlyn tonight. Not sure why, just feel led too. (Maybe cuz I've neglected her in my prayers cuz it sounds like she is doing so well?). Anyhow, hugs for everyone!
ReplyDeleteSheree