Love! We're in love! We just spent 2 1/2 fabulous hours with the cutest little Rwandan boy! Oh my, I so wish I could post pictures. When he first saw us he was quiet and reserved, but when we started playing ball, the boy came out. This kid is hilarious. He started out just throwing the ball back and forth with us, but quickly progressed to trying to dribble the ball, then a dribble kick combination. This was all great except we were in a small office at the catholic orphanage. Oops. But we were having so much fun! He loves looking at pictures and video of himself. I'm almost positive he said his name when he was watching one video. Oh my gosh, my heart is just so full. I can't even tell you. I can't wait to post pictures!
In other news, tomorrow we begin the process of securing a court date. Once we have our court date, we have to wait until the paperwork is completed before we can take him. Please pray that this would all go quickly. I"m a little nervous that we're already halfway through the first week and we aren't further along in this process.
And now a word about the rain. It rains everyday. Today it rained twice. When it rains, it pours, hard. Then it stops. And it rains straight down here, no wind, just rain. When it rains the streets clear. There are no more people walking along the side of the street, no more motorcycles, just cars. Everyone runs for cover. While we were waiting for Sean to make copies I took a picture of some of the taxi drivers waiting the rain out. Pardon the black lines, I was in the car, out of the rain.
Ok, so it isn't the best picture ever. It was raining, give me a break. I had to post one picture today and I don't think I can post pictures of David yet. Sadness. Oh, speaking of that precious boy, when the sisters asked if he was happy to have a mom and dad, he responded with the one nod. The just nod once here, very cute. When asked if he wanted to go to America with us, the response was a definite NO. So pray that we can win his heart enough that he'll want to get on an airplane with us. The kid is facing a lot of changes! Thanks for all the comments, it really helps to hear from you all back home!
Give him time. When you win his heart, he'll want to go wherever just to be with you.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I'm praying for.
Marge
If we know you Amy , it will only take a short time to win his heart.We are praying that all will go well.
ReplyDeleteLove
Mom & Dad West
Hi Amy!! Big hugs to you and all of the West family!! I have loved following your blog and praying through every step!! Thank you for sharing this amazing journey!
ReplyDeleteRobyn and all of the Cunninghams!!
Yay! Amy: I'm curious how old David is?
ReplyDelete