Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 9 in Rwanda - Day 2 with David

More pictures anyone? Look at how cute the boys are when they sleep! When Kate went to bed last night she noticed a rather large bug (2" in length) climbing on the outside of the boys' netting. So in the process of getting the bug we turned on the light and found these two cute boys. I couldn't resist taking a picture. When we adopted Isaac I took a picture of my two kids sleeping together but Sean wouldn't let me post it because they were in their undies. I solved that problem this time. I bought them matching jammies. Its too hot to wear the tops, so they are just wearing matching pants.


Look at what I found when I came downstairs this morning. They were being so quiet and cute, just listening to music together. David loves music, classical music calms him when he is upset. I'm not sure why this picture is sideways, just tilt your head.


Our new nightly routine, playing in the courtyard. Tonight Batiste, the house guy, joined in kicking the ball around. I don't know if you can tell, but Kate is usually doing a cart wheel or spin or something other than just waiting for the ball.


The shy, quiet child is gone. Now we have an into everything, pushing all the buttons, busy 4 year old. But he is so fun and so cute! And he giggles! Oh my goodness, we are so in love with this kid. Notice how big his clothes are? Those are 4T, I was just sure he would fit in 4T. Not so much.


As you can see, life is progressing quite nicely with our newest addition. As far as a girl child, that is another story. It has been suggested that we wait until after we are done moving David's adoption through the ministry before we approach them about the girl child. While this is disappointing, it isn't terribly surprising. We should hopefully be at a point where we can ask about a second child tomorrow, but we don't have a lot of anticipation that they will say yes. We are remarkably at peace with this. As much as we would like to bring home two adorable children, we have sort of been facing road blocks since we arrived. A friend suggested that if it feels right to push for this second child, we should push, but if it doesn't then perhaps it isn't the plan that we bring home two children. Sean and I agreed that it doesn't feel right to push. The kids at New Hope Homes (the girl child would come from NHH) are so well taken care of, loved, and educated, we struggled from the beginning with taking kids out of NHH. So if they say no tomorrow, we are ok with that. We're not giving up on adding another girl to our family. It just doesn't look like she will come from Rwanda. Next time, if we adopt internationally, we're using an agency. Then they can deal with the attorneys.

For now we finish the process here in Kigali and then we're on to Nairobi. Here's what we have left in Nairobi, we need to get the "to whom it may concern" letter from the ministry here in Kigali. Then we get that letter to immigration so they can issue David a passport. (He took the cutest passport pictures.) Once we get the passport we take it to the US embassy for his visa. They only take appointments on Tuesdays and Fridays. We pray that we have the passport on or before Friday so we can make our Friday appointment with the embassy. There is a possibility that they won't have any appointments next Tuesday and next Friday is WAAAAY to late as that is when we should be finishing things up in Nairobi. So there's still plenty to pray about. Also, our youngest son has some raspy breathing with a cough. Please pray that this would clear up and won't give us any challenges at the medical exam in Nairobi.

Thanks for being with us as we go through this. We don't feel quite so isolated knowing that you all are following us and praying for us. We have the best friends and family!

6 comments:

  1. I see there have been no problems winning his heart! As I suspected! :) I'm praying harder for you guys than I've prayed in a long time. Good luck with your future obstacles, you can do it!!!
    Love you!
    Aunt Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am overjoyed with how well he has adjusted. What an immense blessing. I will continue to pray for him and each of you. For wisdom, peace, and patience. Hugs to you all!
    -Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks once again for making my night! So good to see the family interaction pictures, so good! We'll be praying for you and the decisions that are before you. The Ediger's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may be that David is meant to have all of each of you for now and you'll feel the leading you're meant to follow... with room to grow! Just like the 4Ts...you make your plan and then God hems it to where He wants it. Love that you are letting Spirit lead! Huge hugs, Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. amy, i'm so grateful that you take the time to update your blog every day. still praying for you and your sweet family!! i'll start going through my 3T tub of boy clothes...looks like you might need them when you get home :).
    megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the pic of him going for the ball with his big,beautiful smile! I think if you often and am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete