Well, we've been here a week. When we returned from our weekend away, we all agreed that it was nice to be "home". Since I've been rather wordy in my last couple of posts, I thought I'd let pictures take priority in today's blog.
This morning we enjoyed a church service in this church. The kids will never ever complain about a long church service again. This one lasted 4 hours. When the sermon finally started, and I believe we were 3 hours into the deal at this point, Isaac closed his eyes and cried quietly because it was taking so long. But as soon as the singing and dancing started again, he was up and moving. I could write forever about the service itself, but you'll just have to catch me when we get home. Suffice it to say, these people know how to worship!
This one is for Garth and Jan. This bush was as tall as the car. Amazing what happens when you don't have to take plants in during the winter.
After church we had delicious pizza. This is where the pizza was cooked over a fire. Yummy!
On the street across from the pizza place, women walking with baskets on their heads. I believe some of them have babies on their backs. This is one of my favorite things about Rwandan women, seeing little feet as the women approach us.
As we drove home, this was a common sight throughout our drive. There is no flat land and most families survive by farming. I hope you can see in this picture there are rectangular plots all the way up the mountain.
As we arrived in Kigali, we were welcomed by the city life. These are houses on our way in to town.
This is how we entertain ourselves at the house. We play a modified version of baseball with a hacky sack and an umbrella. I absolutely love that the kids want to play together. When I asked them to come in and get their laundry ready, Isaac asked if they could watch tv. Kate told him no, they were playing. He didn't argue at all. Funny.
Tomorrow will be a busy day. We begin the day by picking up our newest family member. Then we run like crazy all day long trying to get the things done that we need to so that he can stay with us forever. Regardless, tomorrow there should be a very special picture on the blog. Who am I kidding, there will be lots of pictures. Tune in tomorrow!
I am addicted to your blog! I laugh, I cry, I find myself angry when there is nothing new to read. You make me feel like I'm right there with you in Rwanda...almost. I can hardly wait for you to post pics of David. Hurry! :-)
ReplyDeletePlease know that we are lifting you up in prayer on this great adventure!
Love, Patti (& family)
Oh my! Oh my! Can't imagine what excitement you are experiencing right now as I type this comment. Have enjoyed every thought, story, celebration even struggle you have written about. Thank you for including us in your life. Praying for great things to happen today with David and gentle steady progress for your girl child. Very anxious to see the upcoming pictures.
ReplyDeleteSo much love heading your way.
Holly & Robby ~ Blake & Lindsay
What a truly amazing journey that ends with an enormous (maybe two) blessing! Praying for you all!!
ReplyDeleteHaHa, thanks for the pictures! And I truly wish I could send you a picture of my house right now . . . with the cool weather the potted plants are in the kitchen, great room, dining room. It feels like I live in a garden and it's really pretty but they are sort of taking over!! Have a great day! Jan
ReplyDelete