Tuesday, August 27, 2013

China Day 10 – In the Home Stretch

While we have enjoyed our time in China and this trip has been decidedly less stressful than our last adoption trip, we are so ready to be home.  The favorite part of my day today was ichatting with my kids at home.  We were using the effects and I laughed so hard I was crying.  I love those people and miss them so very much!  But we only have one more full day here and I know we can all make it through!

Today we had our consulate appointment to apply for her visa.  The consulate just moved to the new facility in July so this building was new to all of us.  As we walked in I remarked to Sean how similar this consulate is to the one in Rwanda.  Not everyone can compare US consulates!  We took the oath and presented our paperwork and they said her visa could be picked up tomorrow.  That is the last piece of the puzzle.  We can bring her home with the visa!

This afternoon we had the exit meeting to discuss travel home.  As the detail person and the one who gets the most stressed not knowing the details, I attended this meeting.  Fortunately, I pretty much knew everything that was covered since we’ve done this before.

Dinner was a cruise on the Pearl River.  Our agency ordered pizza for all of the families and we were allowed to bring our own beverages on board.  It was a much different experience than the one we had 5 years ago.  Sean wasn’t feeling well then and it was pretty stressful for all of us.  Tonight was great despite the oppressive heat and humidity.  We had a wonderful time chatting with the other families. 

But the best part was seeing the kids on the computer screen when we got back to the room.  We only have one more full day.  One more breakfast at the best breakfast buffet one could ask for, one more lunch, one more dinner.  Then we go to bed, get up and get on a plane.  I can’t wait to see my kids!  I can’t wait to see all four of them together!  Speaking of seeing them all together, if anyone would like to meet us at the airport, we would love to see you and thank you for praying for us during these two weeks.  Email me and I’ll send you the information.  Speaking of praying, if you would please pray for the kids and their grandparents.  This has been a long 2 weeks for all of them, my parents the first week and Sean’s parents the second week, and the kids for two weeks without us.  We know we made the right decision to leave them behind, there have been some rather dull times and they are used to going all the time.  But that doesn’t make the time go any faster.  We’re so close!  We’ll be home soon!!!



The boat that took us on a river cruise.


 Good news everybody, she likes pizza, well the crust anyway.  So she will fit into our family.



 One of the big sisters brought a bubble machine and entertained all of the little girls.



 One of the many lit buildings along the river.  It really was a beautiful evening.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy! Just wanted to say hello and my thoughts and prayers and JOY are with you and your family on this special journey. We met in July when sweet Emma came home and we are hoping to take our own similar journey in the next year (or sooner!) Your blog is beautiful and I so appreciate learning from your amazing insight. Blessings to you all on this next part of the journey! -nancy

    ReplyDelete