While the day did not start wonderfully, Sean and I did not
sleep many hours last night, it will certainly go down as one of the best days
ever. It’s official, we now have 2
daughters!!!
Introducing, Stella Jun Cong West….
In addition to not being able to post by myself on blogspot,
today we learned that the camera does not connect to Sean’s computer. Why we didn’t think to check this out
previously, I’m not sure. I have a slot
on my computer that fits the memory card.
Sean’s computer does not possess such a slot. So despite taking many pictures and video, we
only have those that we took with our phones and can email to the computer to
post on what may or may not ever be a blog.
The good news is, that is really the only bad news of the day.
Our new daughter is beautiful! She is so sweet, stubbornly independent, but
very capable. She has figured out most
of the games on my phone and she is working on Sean’s phone now. She loves her new baby doll and has dressed
and re-dressed her several times. She
has the patience and desire to put together a puzzle. And she was quick to color in a new coloring
book. We also went swimming at the hotel
pool and she loved that! She did not
want to get out regardless of the blue lips and chattering teeth. This is a 180 from our previous 2
adoptions.
On the way back to the hotel from the initial meeting, she
and I took this picture.
Shortly after this picture was taken, she let me pull her
onto my lap, and she fell asleep. The
driver wasn’t able to drive in front of the hotel, so I had to carry her out of
the car and into the hotel.
Yes, it does look like she can’t breath, but she stayed that
way until we got her upstairs. She did
wake up when I put her down on the bed.
This child weighs a ton! She is a
tank. She isn’t chubby, but she is
solid! After lunch we went
swimming. Then when we came back to the
room, this happened.
Is she not beautiful?
Now she is awake and sitting on my lap while I type. She lets me hug her and even lets me get away
with a kiss every once in awhile. In the
van I gave her a kiss on the forehead and she gave me the who-farted look. Isaac told me they don’t kiss in China. So I
imagine it was foreign to her too.
The greatest gift from today might be the large collection
of photos and journals from her life.
She was part of Half the Sky program and they have been taking photos of
her and journaling about her life since she was a baby. We actually have a baby picture of this
child! We went from having nothing on
David, barely even a medical report, to having a sack full of information. They also had a photographer take pictures of
her and put the pictures together in albums.
And by albums I mean books. These
things are amazing! What a blessing to
have so much information about her life before she met us. I can’t begin to explain what an amazing
blessing this is.
This little girl has my heart. She is so so sweet, so special. They have
been telling her for awhile that she was to be adopted. I don’t know how they explained it to her,
but she was ready. She was apprehensive
when she first met us, but she has taken to us so quickly. What a blessing. So please keep praying for us, for the rest
of the trip to go smoothly, for our kids at home as they go through each day
missing us and wishing they could see their new sister in person. But what an amazing experience!




No comments:
Post a Comment