Monday, August 19, 2013

China Day 2 - Hours Away

In just 12 short hours we will be on our way to meet our daughter.  Yikes!  Today we met with our escort, Echo.  She brought us a notebook full of information for our stay here in Shenyang as well as Guangzhou.  It was most helpful, but the best part was the three new pictures we received!  Up to this point all of the pictures had been pretty fuzzy so it was hard to really see details such as what her lip looks like.  Obviously that hasn’t been a factor in our decision to adopt her.  We were so excited to see these pictures and to be able to know more details. 

Other than the meeting with Echo, we really didn’t do much today.  I had hoped to go walk around outside a bit and take pictures, but one of us isn’t dealing with the time change so well.  He had to take a nap today and he went to bed at 8.  Ironically, he is the one who slept on the plane.  Go figure.  So I spent the day organizing the room and getting things ready for tomorrow.  Unlike the sleeping one, I actually did read the entire folder of information that we received today.  Hopefully he’ll recover soon.  He is pretty stressed about tomorrow, not in a bad way, just a bit apprehensive.  I am not nervous, I’m giddy excited.  I try not to worry about things and just deal with them as they happen.  You can’t change it by worrying and obviously it just makes you sleepy.

So in an effort to be more exciting and post pictures.  Here is the dessert buffet at the dinner we had tonight.  Sad isnt’ it?  I’m in China and the most exciting thing that happened was the dessert bar.




If you don’t mind, please be praying for us as you go to bed tomorrow night.  When you wake up Monday morning, we’ll have 4 kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment