We figured out how to download pictures. And I know the real reason you checked out
the blog is to see pictures. So here
goes….
Here are a couple from our first meeting.
Second day, officially ours!
Daddy and Stella at the Imperial Palace.
Please note the style happening behind Sean and Stella. Chinese people all have a very unique sense
of style. No one really dresses
alike. The people watching is
phenomenal!
Tonight as I laid in bed next to our new daughter, I was
overcome with the sense of gratitude. I
get to be her mom. I get to watch her
grow from a cute little girl to a tween girl navigating friendships to a teen
girl navigating her future and beyond. I
get to be her mom. What an amazing gift
I have been given.
Today we saw more and more of her personality. We also learned more about the care she has
been given. We stopped at a mall for
lunch and had to go up escalators. She
was able to handle that with ease. This
means someone took her someplace with escalators and most likely, more than once. This is
significant because many orphanages don’t have the capacity to do that just
because of the volume of children or the location of the orphanage. Also, this evening after her bath, I put
lotion on her. She stopped me and did it
herself. Someone loved our girl enough
to put lotion on her. She knew what to
do. She knows how to brush her teeth, swish
and spit. I am so thankful for the care
she has been given.
Tomorrow is a big day for our girl. We are fortunate to be able to visit her
orphanage as well as her finding spot.
Many parents don’t get this gift.
But it may be difficult for Stella/Cong Cong to see her friends
again. She assures us she wants to go
back and say goodbye and take treats to her friends. I hope it won’t be too much of a sad thing
for her. I know she was loved while she
was there, but I’m pretty sure she feels loved with us too. Now, if only we could all speak the same
language.
The language gap doesn’t stop her from yelling at us loudly
in mandarin, be it happy or angry. The
child isn’t shy. I’m also a little
worried that she has no fears. Actually,
my real worry is that neither she nor David has any fear, and they are both
loud unless they are getting into trouble.
I’m pretty concerned they will be the dynamic duo of mischief around our
house for some time. Once they speak the
same language we’ll really be in trouble.
All in all things are going well. It isn’t perfect. We just adopted a 5 year old child. But Sean and I are both pretty amazed at how
well she has handled this entire experience.
Plus, she is lucky, Sean and I have some experience with this adoption
thing.
Signing off for now.
Please pray for our girl tomorrow.






Amy, I LOVE your posts! Stella is just beautiful and looks perfect with you and Sean. I am SO happy for your wonderful family!! Thinking of you on this trip and look forward when we get together when you are home!! Congratulations!! And you are all in my prayers!!
ReplyDeleteI'm lovin' the posts too! You and Sean have my utmost admiration for all that you're doing for Stella & the rest of your family. I'm proud to be related to you.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Marge